Life's vagaries explained through football, food, travel and canines.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Once in a Lifetime: Turning 31 on the 31st

Last night I met up with a friend and sort of glommed on to New Year's bar hopping activities, having no plans of own. It was fun, although not entirely indistinguishable from normal Bangkok craziness, but I still missed close friends and family. I woke up in an empty flat today which was peaceful, but felt a little isolating. Comes with the territory, I guess.

I'm in the newsroom now feeling quite tired, but the shift should end soon. I had gang jeut for dinner-- a restorative, healing soup of minced pork, tofu seaweed and glass noodles. It's really as bland as Thai food gets, but it's incredibly soothing.

I'm feeling a little weepy and hormonally challenged. Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I miss and love all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home