Life's vagaries explained through football, food, travel and canines.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Moving Day Again: Next Stop Thong Lizzle

Tomorrow I move. I have stayed in three different plces so far in Bangkok (Phaya Thai, Sukhumvit, Phra Khanong) and now am temporarily going to a very nice woman's apartment for a month to look after her cats. My soon-to-be-ex-living sitch had its ups and downs. As I sat on the huge terrace and watched butterflies playing together as I drank my morning tea among the bouganvillea--I thought yeah, I'm gonna miss this. But I am not going to miss living communally after age 30. Or not having a stove.

Thong Lo is my new stomping ground and it is plush. My friends B and C live up the street and refer to their place as their palazzo. The main drag is lined with huge huge wedding salons. Not like David's Bridal--these places are classay. And more restaurants, shops and other very cool places of business than you cna shake a stick at. If you read the Bangkok article in the Times last month--most of what they were talking about was on Thong Lo.

Time to get cute. It's like the Soho of BK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home