Life's vagaries explained through football, food, travel and canines.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

WWDFS?: Who Would Dr. Freud Support?




From wikipedia:

Dreams, which Freud called the "royal road to the unconscious", provided the best access to our unconscious life and the best illustration of its "logic", which was different from the logic of conscious thought.

So what then would he make of the following dreams I had recently:

The USA has one more match. It is a 5-1 defeat to Turkey.

I work in an office. Sven Goran Eriksson is the boss, but I am confused by his presence. I tell him, "Shouldn't you be coaching a football team in Germany right now?"


The easy answer is that he would have supported Austria-- but no great Austrian players are coming to mind--(hangover, sorry). I think he would have said though that "Sometimes a match is just a match." Ha ha ha. I have had other dreams where I play for the Metros and am temporarily concerned at being the only girl on the pitch. I am a sick, sick individual who needs years of analysis.

A Thai psychoanalyst would be funny: as you lie back on the couch, could you really be sure that he wasn't dozing? (A poor joke, and not at ALL representative at the very fine medical care you receive in this country.)

Also: I cannot even express the love I have for my Power Book G4 which is currently hooked up to my DV cam and batch capturing footage automatically using the metadata on my camera's chip. I am not even paying attention! Attention PC people: life does not have to be that hard. Attention bosses in Singapore: we can do this easier!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home