Life's vagaries explained through football, food, travel and canines.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mee Motosai! Gaeng Mak! (I Have a Motorcycle! How Cool!)






You will remember the visit of my legendary cousin brother Ishan, the man, the myth, the maestro. He went back to the States after more than a few adventures and left me the surrogate owner of this beautiful bike. Yesterday riding a burst of motivation on what was a very lazy Sunday, we took it out. It had about 10 ml of gas in it, unsurprising if you know Ishan and slurped up oil like a hot-season first-time tourist gulps water here.

What kind of motorcycle helmet would Audrey Hepburn wear, do you think?

ETA: In the second picture, just beyond the tarp hanging over the alley is my front door. Everyday the alley turns into an outdoor noodle restaurant set up with little plastic chairs and tables. My lovely neighbor lady wheels her noodle cart to the end of the alley and serves up bowls to office workers from the buildings who sit and slurp. As you can see, the alley is not that wide, so when I open my door, I nearly graze people who chose the table in the door's arc-- this creates unintentional hilarity and jaw dropping looks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sick! Stop being so much cooler than me. I wish you all the best vehicular karma in the world. After completely stalling out in the middle of merging traffic on 3rd avenue yesterday, I realize I'm fresh out of my own. hearts, priskiller

2:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woman! I showed your blog to my friend last week, and she quit her sh!tty desk job yesterday and hopped a plane to the tropics. Coinkydink? love, pkiller

8:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home