Life's vagaries explained through football, food, travel and canines.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Melted Sandal!

As you know, N and I have a motorcycle. It is a gleamingly beautiful Kawasaki GTO which we affectionately call the Speedster. We have no license plate for it, though recently N has been insisting on me wearing a helmet, although he wasn't, until I invoked the oldest relationship clause in the book. See "Goose, Gander, good for."

We enjoy it very much and we get mad props and bewildered looks from the Thai as this crazy farang couple on a bike. It lives in the front courtyard of N 's place and he is in charge of its care and feeding. So far we are convinced that it will be eligible for Mensa and definitely get into one of the Ivies.

We usually take it from my office to my house and back again and last Sunday we went on a little adventure to Yaowarat or Chinatown, but recently we had a little incident whereupon I had been resting my flip flop on the exhaust pipe of the Speedster rather than the footrest which resulted in MELTED SANDAL!

I thought my foot was getting rather hot!

Photos TK. Links to N's Flicr site for now:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/newley/202394133/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/newley/202394000/

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genius! I think there's a Harley-Davidson chapter support group for this kind of thing. -pkiller

6:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

miss ya - good to hear all is well with you, N and speedster. sandals still 40 baht a pair on rambutri? - grace

10:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, this is not the first sandal destruction blog I have read lately. hope all is well. -jessye

9:37 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

funny pictures! is there any way you could tell me:

a)what sort of gas this bike takes in Thailand? what octane and color (red, green, orange...there are so many in Thailand)

b) what speed the thai GTOs are (4 or 5 gears).


thanks a million,
Andy

6:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home