Life's vagaries explained through football, food, travel and canines.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

I Never Thought I Would Use the Words "Cat Laxative" In A Sentence

The kittens are continuing to thrive, but let me stress here that this is really in no way due to me.

My friend and nabe J is the one who deserves all the credit. She is a one woman kitten care machine--they live in an adorable blue plastic basket with fluffy towels and a really cool soft frog doll. They have a red kitchen scale they get weighed on. They get the pricey French mother cat milk replacement. We fill up their syringes of formula out of very chic teacups from Central. So hats off to her--they are gaining weight and becoming stronger.

No 1 is downright rambunctious and eager to spread her kitten-y fervor, while No 2 has poop issues (feel free to make your own joke here about No 2's lack of No 2s.) Hence the title of this post--I feel like this weekend will be my cat laxative Day of Reckoning.

People have been objecting to the names of my cats--No 1 and No 2 are quick easy references to three week old beings and are no way meant to be cold or scientific. "Sorng" in Thai gets a pass, but "Neung" has met with criticism. Nina was pretty easy--I had a short list and Nina just fit--I looked into her eyes and that was that.

I welcome your comments on feline nomenclature.

Promise to post a new pic soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suparna said...

Ok, i've found you! And you have cats! Cats!?? What would Nina say? aww, that would be so cute - nina and kittens! alright, all is forgiven.
Just update more and skype (SuparnaSuparna) me!
Much love from LA, sup

3:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home