Life's vagaries explained through football, food, travel and canines.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Fuji: A Solution to Hunger



Fuji is ubiquitous in Thailand as Friendly's but replace the Reese's Pieces Sundae with green tea ice cream and you have it down.
Right down to the enormous picture menu and the navy and white polyester clad waitresses, there are striking similarities, and Fuji, as you may have guessed is a Japanese restaurant chain and frankly, it's a place we enter hungry and leave happy.

N likes the bento, but I will always be an a la carte kind of girl. I don't like being told what to eat or wear, which may account for never having been a bridesmaid.

A cult favorite at Fuji is the salmon with mentai sauce: strips of salmon sashimi wrapped around an asparagus tip drizzled with a creamy, spicy mayonnaise with those lovely neon orange roe all through. I feel compelled to order it every time.

And I have a confession to make--I'll take Fuji any day over pricey and in my opinion, well below par all-u-can-eat Oishi Grand Buffet places. And another "Only in Asia" shocking confession: I once ate Thanksgiving dinner with friends at the Fuji in Siam Center.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home