Life's vagaries explained through football, food, travel and canines.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Life Is Hard: 7 Courses of Champagne and Oysters

Yesterday I was invited to one of Bangkok's nicest hotels, the Shangri-La, for a special preview of their Oysters and Champagne promotion. La vie est belle, mes enfants.

It was hard being so pampered. One of the courses featured three different kinds of oysters topped with Beluga caviar. Talk about gilding the lily! It was one of the best things I have ever eaten. A vino standout was the Banfi-- half Chardonnay and half Pinot Grigio--like all products of mixed races, this wine was a stunner.

I thought I was going to write about it, but it turns out that I did a little box on it for today. My first byline! I got a little giddy. Oysters have that effect on me. Come to think of it, so does champagne.

Oh and I apparently learned that in order to shuck an oyster, you must find its "G Spot."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home